Wednesday, February 13, 2008

PJ Harvey

On Wednesday night Anna and I went with Stu and Fritha to the PJ Harvey concert that was up here in Auckland. Now, PJ Harvey you say? Well, Stu & Fritha were coming up to go and I was did know her more grungy music from the 90s and I thought it would be something different to go to. And well pleased we did.

PJ Harvey is a very experimental artist and during the concert you couldn't help but to be struck by how talented she is - moving from a variety of different instruments and a variety of different genres. The songs on the piano from her latest album - White Chalk - were particularly enchanting.

Both of us were very happy we went to see her. It might not the music I will typically listen to on my iPod (though will be more now), but if I am going to pay to see someone live, I would prefer to see real musical genius rather than an under-performed over-produced sound I can get straight from an album.

The review from the NZ Herald

No comments: