Friday, July 20, 2007



NZ Ironman

Well, I've done it now. I've just entered myself in the 2008 NZ Ironman, held on March 1st in Taupo. And if you are thinking that is not enough time to train, you might be right, but I'm counting on the 4 months I have when I get back being just enough.

So set aside the weekend around March 1st as I would appreciate as much support as I can get (I will be looking into accomodation).

And for those of you not familiar, this is the task ahead of me:
> Swim 3.8km
> Bike 180km
> Run 42km (marathon)
> and a lot of hours of training!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that's really exciting/insane!! i wonder if you will start to see mirages like homer walking up the murderhorn...

Anonymous said...

it's actually just insane.

I thought you were coming back to work Sam.

2009 would have been a good idea, you nutter!

Crazy Joe Davola said...

Christ Posso - thats a stretch - good on you mate!
A few things I'd add to your training regime...

>EPO
>Blood Doping
>Human Growth Hormone
>...and a bloody 'aircut!

Sam Possenniskie said...

"haircut" - thanks for that tip Farrah....

Crazy Joe Davola said...

I showed a guy at work a picture of my old larry long locks with the complimentary goatee the other day - its changed his opinion of me, and not for the better I think...