Sunday, September 16, 2007

Beer Scene - Peru

Well fellow ale lovers, I have to report that things on the foamy front have not improved in Peru. The local beers available are again of your standard lager/pilsener type, the only variation on the theme being the ´Malta´version of the dominant Cusquena brand. Unfortunately, this dark beer resembled a cheap cola more than a beer of any note. And then, causing me much distress, the two brewpubs in Cusco that I hoped to visit both appeared to have closed in recent times.

So after collecting just two new ratings in Ecuador, I have only five new ratings to add from Peru - and none of them really of any note, the Cristal being the pick for me but still only scoring a 8/20. I expect Bolivia to be a continuation of the theme. I´m now particularly jealous of those of you still able to get yourself a fresh English pint and already looking forward to my first trip to Galbraiths when back in Auckland.

No comments: