Monday, August 13, 2007

Pub Watch: The Bricklayer's Arms, Putney (London)
Before I left I had to post a blog about my favourite local bar in Putney - The Bricklayer's Arms. Tucked down a little side street, I didn't actually know about this pub for my first year here - despite only being a 5 minute walk from my place. However, when we found it, it instantly became my favourite.

It is nothing like most of the other bars/pubs in Putney, which while many are good, cater more for the young crowd. Nothing flashy inside or out, The Bricklayer's is most definitely a 'beer pub' and excels at this by having the whole Timothy Taylor range on handpull (the only pub in London to do so). And not only is this selection good, the ales are always in tip top condition - some of the best I've found in London. So it is not surprising that the Bricklayer's recently won the Greater London Pub of the Year, a huge achievement for a small Putney pub.

I know I will certainly miss being able to pop down there for a good pint of Landlord or Ram Tam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nevermind Sam, you'll only be 5min from a lovely pint of Bob Hudson's. Sort of like a mini-Landlord.